Do you ever just crave Chinese take out!? Like after a long day of work you just can’t wait to change into some jammies with a tall glass of wine and a big bowl of lo mein? On nights like these I turn to recipes like this easy Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry. It’s guaranteed to satisfy, so grab your chopsticks and let’s get cookin’!
2 boneless/skinless chicken breast
1 tbs coconut oil
1 tsp curry powder (more or less to taste)
1 package (8 oz) lo mein noodles
5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage (about half a head of cabbage)
1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup grated carrots
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 tablespoons sesame oil
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
1/4 cup sesame oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
sriracha sauce to taste for topping
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large skillet or wok
- Thinly slice the chicken breast and season with curry powder. Add to skillet, stirring periodically. Cook for 8-10 minutes, chicken should be fully cooked. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare veggies
- Thinly slice the cabbage
- Dice the yellow onion
- Mince the fresh garlic and ginger
- Grate the carrots
- After removing the chicken from the skillet, add the cabbage, ginger, garlic, carrots, onion, and sesame oil. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 15-20 minutes. Cabbage should be wilted and onion softened.
- While veggies are cooking, prepare noodles (according to package instructions) and mix together the stir fry sauce.
- To mix the stir fry sauce add the soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Once the cabbage stir fry is done, add in the cooked chicken, noodles and stir fry sauce.
- Toss over low heat for until well coated and combined, about 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! We topped it with Sriracha for a hint of spice!
Recipe adapted from Build your Bite